Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
A decision given by an Umpire would be necessary when there are more than 1 arbitrator and there was no majority in the decision.
The decision of an Umpire is called an Umpirage.
'Presiding Arbitrator' is an equivalent word to 'Umpire'.
- Submission - act of referring a matter for decision
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Domestic Award
- Section 29 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996: Expert appointment by arbitral tribunal
- Section 29 of Arbitration Act, 1940
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
- Arbitration Act, 1940
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- Companies Act, 1956
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973