Revision as of 20:35, 25 March 2016 by Webgeek (→Maxims on Crime)
Maxims on Law of Litigation
- audi alteram partem
- Allegans contraria non est audiendus
- Interest republicae ut sit fines litium
- Vigilantibus non dormantibus jura subvenient
- Ubi remedium ibi ius
- Law delationes semer exhorret - Law always disgusts delay
- Nulli differemus justitiam - Justice should not be delayed to any person
- Dilationes in lege sunt odiosae - Delays in law are hateful
- Ignorantia juris neminem excusat - Ignorance of the law excuses no one
Maxims on Judges
- Ignorantia judicis est calamitas innocentis - The ignorance of a Judge is the misfortune of the innocent
Maxims on Torts
- injure non remota causa and proxima spectatur - the law takes into consideration only the proximate cause and not the remote one
Maxims on Administrative Law
- Respondeat superior - Let the principal be liable
- Quifacit per alium facit per se - He who acts through another does it himself
Maxims on Crime
Maxims on Equity
- Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without remedy.
- Equity follows the Law
- He who seeks equity must do equity
- He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.
- Delay defeats Equity.
- Equality is Equity
- Equity looks to the intent rather to the form
- Equity looks on that as done which ought to have been done.
- Equity imputes an intention to fulfill obligation.
- Equity acts in personam.
- Where the equities are equal, the first in time shall prevail.
- Where there is equal equity, the law shall prevail.
- Pacta sunt servanda
- Nullus commodum capere potest de injuria sua propria
- Commodum ex injuria sua nemo habere debet
- Allegans suam turpitudinem non est audiendus
Terms / Phrases of other languages used in Law
- ultra vires
- mens rea - criminal intent
- actus reus - result of human conduct that law seeks to prevent
- ex aequo et bono
- amicus curiae - friend of court
- amiable compositeur
- volenti non-fit injuria
- ipso facto
- res sub judice
- res judicta
- strictu sensu - in strict sense
- contra bonos mores
- damnum sine injuria
- jus necessitatis
- la principe de legalite
- ex parte