Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 45 of Income-Tax Act, 1961
Section 45 of Income-Tax Act, 1961 deals with Mode of Computation of Capital Gains.
- December 2011:  16 LNIN 211 (Madras): A partner is not entitled to deduction under section 48(2) in respect of share of capital gains received from firm
- June 2011: Pune - ITAT: Fee paid to portfolio manager for twin purpose of acquisition and sale of securities is allowable under section 48 -  11-250
- Capital gain arising out of sale of land of a building is required to be bifurcated into a gain arising out of sale of land and a gain arising out of superstructure whether building is complete or not -  10 - 175 (Bom.)
- May 2011: AAR - New Delhi: A non-resident company is not liable to tax in India u/s. 45 r.w.s. 48 in relation to proposed contribution of its share in an Indian company to another Indian company without consideration
- As the 'consideration' is incapable of being valued in definite terms or it remains unascertainable on the date of occurrence of taxable event, the question of applying section 45 read with section 48 would not arise -  11-43