Section 304 of Indian Penal Code, 1860
Section 304 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 deals with 'Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder'.
From the Act
Whoever commits culpable homicide not amounting to murder shall be punished with 1*[imprisonment for life], or imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine, if the act by which the death is caused is done with the intention of causing death. or of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death; or with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, or with fine, or with both, if the act is done with the knowledge that it is likely to cause death, but without any intention to cause death, or to cause such bodily injury as is likely to cause death.
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
- State of Rajasthan v Daud Khan, Criminal Appeal Jurisdiction, Criminal Appeal No. 126 OF 2010, Supreme Court of India judgment dated November 4, 2015
- Mannan Sk and Others v State of West Bengal and Another, Criminal Appeal Jurisdiction, Criminal Appeal No. 1307 OF 2014, Supreme Court of India judgement dated July 3, 2014
- Shantibhai J Vaghela and Another Vs State of Gujarat and Others, Criminal Appeal No. 1805 of 2012, (Arising out of SLP (Crl.) No. 3198 of 2011) with Criminal Appeal No.1806-1807 of 2012, (Arising out of SLP (Crl.) Nos. 4453-4454 of 2011), Supreme Court of India judgement dated November 9, 2012
- Raj Paul Singh and Another Vs State through PS Musheerabad, Criminal Appeal No. 1339 of 2008, Supreme Court of India judgement dated October 9, 2012
- Sudhakar Vs State of Maharashtra, Criminal Appeal No. 1603 of 2012, Supreme Court of India judgement delivered on October 5, 2012
- Pudhu Raja and Another Vs State, Represented by Inspector of Police, Criminal Appeal No: 1517 of 2008, Supreme Court Judgement delievered on September 19, 2012
- Legal views on 2011 AMRI Hospital Fire
- Suba Singh and Anr Vs Davinder Kaur and Anr, (2012) 1 MLJ 824 (SC)
Other Related Sections from the Act
- Section 34: Acts done by several persons in futherance of common intention
- Section 147: Punishment for rioting
- Section 148: Rioting, armed with deadly weapon
- Section 304A: Causing death by negligence
- Section 304B: Dowry death
- Section 308: Attempt to commit culpable homicide.
- Section 341: Punishment for murder