Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Schools of Jurisprudence
Schools are groups of thoughts that are based on broadly the same fundamental premise.
- Analytical School
- Historical School
- Philosophical School
- Also called Imperative, Positive, Teleological, English or Austinian School.
- Jurists: Bentham, John Austin
- Importance is not given to the relation of law to the State but to the societal institutions in which law exhibits itself.
- Jurists: Savigny, Sir Henry Maine
- Also called the Ethical School, Metaphysical School or the Law of Nature School
- Continental school is metaphysical
- Jurists: Hugo Grotius, Immanuel Kant, Hegel