- Land Law
Land Law is the form of law that deals with the rights to use, alienate, or exclude others from land.
Property is defined as the control by man over things or an appropriation of certain objects recognized by the society. Possessing property means having a 'right' and 'ownership' over it. Land is the primary property known to man since the beginning of the civilization.
Eminent domain says that a citizen holds his property subject always to the right of the sovereign to take it for a public purpose.
bona vacantia are goods without an apparent owner in which no one claims a property belongs to the State.
Right to own property is dealt in Article 17 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948. It says, Everyone has right to own property alone as well as in association with others. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property. Right to Property is considered a Fundamental Right in many countries.
Possessing property includes the right to use and enjoyment by the owner without any interference from others. Ownership and property are inter-dependent. A man's property is all that is his, in law. Various Theories of Property are proposed in an attempt to define the term 'property'. Further, properties are divided into various kinds.
- Ostensible Owner
- Movement of the Land Movement in India
Indian Land Statutes
- Land Acquisition Act, 1894 deals with laws related to land acquisition (property) and regulations.
- Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2012
- Andhra Pradesh Land Reforms (Ceiling on Agricultural Holdings) Act, 1973 (Act 1 of 1973) and Urban Land Act, 1976 are Acts that deals with Ceiling of Agricultural and Urban land holdings
- Andhra Pradesh (Andhra Area) Tenancy Act, 1958
- Andhra Pradesh Buildings (Lease, Rent & Eviction) Control Act, 1960 is a rent control act.
- Laws related to Grabbing: Andhra Pradesh Land Grabbing Act, 1982 is related to Assignment / Alienation in Scheduled areas
- Andhra Pradesh Scheduled Areas Land Transfer Regulation, 1959
- Laws related to Tenancy Reforms in Andhra Pradesh
- Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980, Andhra Pradesh Forest Act, 1967
- Andhra Pradesh Land Revenue Code
- Andhra Pradesh Land Encroachment Act, 1905
- Andhra Pradesh Land Encroachment (Extension and Amendment) Act, 1958
- Andhra Pradesh Assigned Lands (Prohibition of Transfers) Act, 1977
- Andhra Pradesh Assigned Lands (Prohibition of Transfers) (Amendment) Act, 1989
- Andhra Pradesh Public Premises (Eviction of Un-Authorised Occupants) Act, 1968
- Andhra Pradesh Public Premises Eviction of Un-Authorised Occupants (Amendment) Act, 1986
- Andhra Pradesh Land Grabbing (Prohibition) Rules, 1988
- Andhra Pradesh Assigned Lands (Prohibition of Transfers) Rules, 1977
- Andhra Pradesh Public Premises (Eviction of Un-Authorised Occupants) Rules, 1968
- Andhra Pradesh Land Grabbing (Prohibition) Special Court Regulations, 1988
- Zamindari Abolition Act, 1947
- September 4, 2013: Land Acquisition Bill Gives Special Concessions to SCS & STS
- September 3, 2013: Rajya Sabha to take up Land Acquisition Bill Tomorrow