Kenya Labour Relations Act
- Section 1: Short title.
- Section 2: Application.
- Section 3: Interpretation.
Part II—Freedom of Association
- Section 4: Employee’s right to freedom of association.
- Section 5: Protection of employees.
- Section 6: Employer’s right to freedom of association.
- Section 7: Protection of employers’ rights.
- Section 8: Rights of trade unions, employers’ organisation and federations.
- Section 9: Provision may not be varied by agreement.
- Section 10: Disputes under Part.
- Section 11: Burden of proof.
Part III—Establishment and Registration of Trade Unions and Employers’ Organisations
- 12—Establishing a trade union or employers’ organisation.
- 13—Application to register a trade union or employers’ organisation.
- 14—Requirements for registering a trade union.
- 15—Requirements for registering employers’ organisation.
- 16—Requirements for registering federation of trade unions.
- 17—Requirements for registering a Federation of Employers.
- 18—Application for registration.
- 19—Registration of trade unions, employers’ organisation or federation.
- 20—Refusal to register trade union or employers’ organisation, or federation.
- 21—Effect of registration.
- 22—Objects in restraint of trade not unlawful.
- 23—Consequences of failure to register.
- 24—Registered office.
- 25—Registration of branches.
- 26—Amalgamation of trade unions, employers’ organisations or
- 27—Change of name or constitution.
- 28—Cancellation or suspension of registration.
- 29—Notice of dissolution.
- 30—Appeals against decision of registrar.
Part IV—Officials and Members of Trade Unions and Employers’ Organisation
- 32—Membership of minors.
- 33—Voting members of trade union.
- 34—Election of officials.
- 35—Notification of officials.
Part V—Property, Funds and Accounts of Trade Unions, Employers’ Organisation and Federations
- 37—Property to be vested in trustees.
- 38—Devolution of property.
- 39—Application of funds.
- 40—Prohibition of payment of fines or penalties.
- 41—Injunction to restrain misuse of funds.
- 42—Treasurer to render accounts.
- 43—Annual returns.
- 44—Inspection of accounts and records.
- 45—Obstructing inspection by Registrar.
- 46—Power to require detailed accounts.
- 47—Misuse of money or property of a trade union.
Part VI—Trade Union Dues, Agency Fees and Employers’Organisation Fees
- 48—Deduction of trade union dues.
- 49—Deduction of agency fees from unionisable employees covered
- by collective agreements.
- 50—General provisions applicable to deductions.
- 51—Collection of levies other than trade union dues.
- 52—Direct payment of trade union dues.
- 53—Payments by members to employers’ organisations.
Part VII—Recognition of Trade Unions and Collective Agreements
- 54—Recognition of trade union by employer.
- 55—Election of trade union representatives.
- 56—Trade union access to employers’ premises.
- 57—Collective agreements.
- 58—Alternative dispute resolution.
- 59—Effect of collective agreements.
- 60—Registration of collective agreement.
- 61—Terms and conditions of service in the public sector where there is no collective bargaining.
Part VIII—Dispute Resolution
- 62—Reporting of trade disputes to the Minister.
- 63—Respondent may file replying statement.
- 64—Interested party may file statement of interest.
- 65—Minister to appoint conciliators.
- 66—Persons appointed to conciliate.
- 67—Conciliator’s powers to resolve dispute.
- 68—Dispute resolved after conciliation.
- 69—Dispute unresolved after conciliation.
- 70—Minister may appoint conciliator in public interest.
- 71—Committee of inquiry.
- 72—Exercise of powers of the Minister.
Part IX—Adjudication of Disputes
- Section 73: Referral of dispute to Industrial Court.
- Section 74: Urgent referrals to Industrial Court.
- Section 75: Arbitration Act not to apply.
Part X—Strikes and Lockouts
- 76—Protected strikes and lock-outs.
- 77—Powers of Industrial Court.
- 78—Prohibited strikes or lock-outs.
- 79—Strike or lock-out in compliance with this Act.
- 80—Strike or lock-out not in compliance with this Act.
- 81—Essential services.
Part XI—Miscellaneous Provisions
- 82—General penalty.
- 84—Repeal of Cap. 233 and Cap. 234.
- Employment Act, 2007
- Kenya Industrial Court Act, 2011 (No 20 of 2011)
- Industrial Training (Amendment) Act, 2011 (No 34 of 2011)
- National Gender and Equality Commission Act, 2011 (No 15 of 2011)
- Salaries and Remuneration Commission Act, 2011 (No 10 of 2011)