General Clauses Act, 1897
An Act to consolidate and extend the General Clauses Acts, 1868 and 1887.
Sections from the Act
- Section 1: Short title
- Section 2: Repealed
Subsection 26 of Section 3 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 defines "Immovable Property shall include land, benefits to arise out of land, and things attached to the earth, or permanently fastened to anything attached to the earth"
- Section 4: Application of foregoing definitions to previous enactments
- Section 31: Construction of references to Local Government of a Province
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Law
- V Chandrasekaran and Another Vs The Administrative Officer and Others, Civil Appeal No: 6342-6343 of 2012, Supreme Court Judgement delivered on September 18, 2012
- Limitation Act, 1963
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973