Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
- 'Fine' is imposed as a penalty / punishment on a defaulter who fails to pay tax, fees, duties, cess etc. voluntarily or accidentally.
- It is a sum of money paid at the end, to make an end of a transaction, suit, or prosecution; mulct; penalty
- Every statute that imposes some payment also stipulates a date before which it is to be paid, failing which a fine is to be imposed.
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Law
- Railroad Co. v. State, 22 Kan. 15
- Sunderland Bros. Co. v. Chicago, B. & I. R. Co., 104 Neb. 319, 177 N.W. 156, 157
- Keinath, Schuster & Hudson v. Reed, 18 N.M. 358, 137 P. 841, 844
- Bryant v. Rich's Grill, 216 Mass. 344, 103 N.E. 925, 927, Ann.Cas.1915B, 869.