Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
- A 'Fee' is imposed on a beneficiary of some special service being rendered to him.
- Fees are not for the 'General Revenue' but are for the revenue of the collecting Department.
- Fee can be levied on a non-tax entry.
- There will be some correlation between the fee collection and the service being rendered.
- Fees can be collected even under a tax law.
- A State Government can collect fee on a public trust.
- Contingent Fee
- Docket Fee
- Registration Fee is collected under Section 17 of the Andhra Pradesh Value Added Tax Act, 2005.
- An amount paid along with application seeking information under the Right to Information Act.
- Court Fees as defined by Court Fees Act, 1870
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Law
- Fort Smith Gas Co. v. Wiseman, 189 Ark. 675, 74 S.W.2d 789, 790: A charge fixed by law for services of public officers or for use of a privilege under control of government.
- Craig v. Shelton, 201 Ky. 790, 258 S.W. 694: A recompense for an official or professional service or a charge or emolument or compensation for a particular act or service.
- People v. Goulding, 275 Mich. 353, 266 N.W. 378, 379: A fixed charge or perquisite charged as recompense for labor and trouble, a reward, compensation, or wage given to a person for performance of professional services or something done or to be done.