Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986
Act No. 61 of 1986
[23rd December, 1986.]
An Act to prohibit the engagement of children in certain employments and to regulate the conditions of work of children in certain other employments.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Thirty-seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:--
PART I: PRELIMINARY
- Section 1: Short title, extent and commencement.
1. Short title, extent and commencement. (1) This Act may be called the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) The provisions of this Act, other than Part III, shall come into force at once, and Part III shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different States and for different classes of establishments.
- Section 26: Amendment of Act 27 of 1961
In the Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961, in section 2, in clauses (a) and (c), for the word "fifteenth", the word "fourteenth" shall be substituted.
- Juvenile Justice Act, 1986
- Child Care Act, 1972
- Child Marriage Restraints Act, 1929
- Children, Schools and Families Act, 2010
- Children Act, 2001
- Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005
- Children (Pledging of Labour) Act, 1933
- Child Justice Act, 2008
- Children's Act, 2005
- Children Act, 1960